Welcome to my blog…to my life. I’m a California girl…born and raised here…spent a few years in Colorado, but California holds my roots. I’m a child of God and blessed to know Jesus…his grace and love are priceless to me. I’m a daughter and sister, wife and mother…three times each out of three of these. I’ve experienced young widowhood, divorce and true kindred spirit love. I’m a friend, an open book and a truth seeker. I create without following recipes or reading music...I thoughtfully and creatively photograph images that speak to my heart…and hope to yours. So, come share my life through the eye of a camera lens. I will show you pieces of what I see, tell you stories about them and often write a prayer along the way.
Blessings to you,
Patti

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Grandpa Burts' Celebration of Life

Normally, I would not post photos of a memorial service, but this was a very special service. It was to honor my late father-in-law, Harold Burts. We arrived late due to an hour long delay from a mud slide on highway 17...and were seated in the second row...so please forgive the extra heads in some of the photos. The service was beautiful and I feel blessed to have been there with my family. The service was last week, the day of the major storm her in Northern California, when we would wind our way from Sacramento to Scott's Valley for a Celebration of a Life...my kids grandfather life. Harold Burts was a fine man who loved Jesus and his family greatly. I am so very blessed to have had him in my children's and my lives for all these years. Here are a handful of photos from that time as a family celebrating the life of my fine father-in-law. As many of you know, I was widowed early in my life...this is my family from my first husband and dear friend and the father of my two children.



Grandpas middle son Greg, gave the eulogy...and did an AMAZING job. Such a tribute to his fine father.

Mustain Photography

Grandpa chose the hymns that he wanted sung at his service...old hymns, but full of meaning.

Mustain Photography

Here is Ken, Grandpas oldest son, sitting with his mother at the service.

Mustain Photography

Their pastor did a fine job with the service.

Mustain Photography


Mustain Photography

Mustain Photography



Here is a very special photo...this is my son Brad with his name sake Brad Collins...the man who lead my grandfather to the Lord many years ago. All of my grandfathers family members (without exception) are Christians and follow the Lord with their lives.

Mustain Photography




Here is a photo of my mother (who came with us to the service) and my cousin Carla.

Mustain Photography



Grandma sitting in Grandpas chair...she is a precious woman...I love her.

Mustain Photography


Isn't Joshua a fine looking grandson of Hals?

Mustain Photography

And finally, isn't this little great grandson who flew all the way from Virginia adorable?

Mustain Photography

No comments:

Copyright Information

All images protected under copyright by http://www.mustainphotography.com/ and Patti Mustain 2009.

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP